The power to meet a wide variety of individual patient needs.
Zimmer® Continuum Acetabular System provides highly flexible solutions for orthopedic surgeons who treat a wide range of patients. The system combines the biologic ingrowth of Trabecular Metal™ Technology with Zimmer® advanced bearing options. With one of the most comprehensive systems, surgeons have the ability to address variations of anatomy and choose the bearing technology that best meets the needs of each patient.
- Highly porous Trabecular Metal® material with over 12 years of clinical history
- Designed to Provide Initial Stability
- 0.98 coefficient of friction*
- Creates an excellent initial scratch fit, reduces micromotion to support better biologic ingrowth
- This initial stability helps reduce the need for supplemental screws or ancillary fixation
* For non-machined surfaces.
- Trabecular Metal material characteristics
- Up to 80% porosity
- Nearly 100% open-pore structure and up to 80% porosity
- Allows for more biologic ingrowth
- Trabecular Metal Acetabular Shells have over 12 years of clinical history1,2
- Trabecular Metal Implants have over 12 years of clinical history, with more than 75 peer-reviewed journal publications
- Power to choose advanced bearing technologies to match patient demands
- Longevity® Highly Cross-linked Polyethylene is highly resistant to wear and aging with over ten years of clinical history1-11
- Metasul® Metal-on-Metal Material has a very low wear rate with over twenty years of clinical history12